"Boogies Academy" is a set of educational video games starring the Boogies ©, a saga of endearing little monsters emotionally designed to create a bond with children in the first years of primary education.
All the games are pedagogically designed to work on and enhance multiple intelligences and cognitive skills such as memory, attention or coordination.
Educational app, Serious Game
To develop a digital tool to analyze and enhance multiple intelligences in children from 5 to 8 years
The main challenge of the "Boogies Academy" project was the creation of a disruptive technology that would allow the analysis and development of multiple intelligences through video games, providing - at the same time - a control area for families and educational professionals which would facilitate them to discover, monitor and enhance the intelligence profile and cognitive skills of their children or students in a fun and motivating way.
The tool had to be able to obtain a set of relevant metrics, such as the percentile in which the user was in each intelligence and cognitive ability, the number of hits and errors made in each game, the speed of reaction or the rate of accuracy.
Among the multiple characteristics and contents to be developed were the following:
- Elaboration and sending of analysis reports and advice for the strengthening of the intelligences and cognitive abilities.
- Comparison of results by gender, age or nationality, and between the students themselves and the different classrooms and courses.
- Monitoring of the user's emotional state by means of non-intrusive surveys carried out by the characters created for this purpose.
- Instructional design of 16 games and their respective tutorials.
- Existence of achievements and rewards that allow to encourage and gamify learning through the unlocking of exclusive contents.
- Promotion of reading through the use of the magic book of the Boogie universe: the Boogiepedia.
Boogies Academy reaps numerous prestigious awards
"Boogies Academy" has won countless awards and recognitions, some even before its launch on digital platforms.
Among the main awards that the tool has received are the following:
- Winners of the National Competition for Young Entrepreneurs.
- Selected as one of the 10 Best Children's "Made in Spain" Apps in the International Festival "El Chupete".
- Featured by Apple Spain among the Best Educational Apps.
- Finalist as Best ICT Project for the Classroom in SIMO Education.
At the same time, important licence agreements have been signed with companies such as ALSA (to form part of its on-board entertainment system) and Euskaltel (to make it available on the group's decoders).
In addition, a series of camps called "Campus Boogies" have been developed (in collaboration with the company EDUCO), which have been very well received, allowing the Boogie universe to be transferred from the digital environment to the real world. To date, more than 2,000 children have participated in the 2018 and 2019 editions.
"Boogies Academy is a scientifically designed and validated tool. Thanks to the development of the TOI (Tree of Intelligences) method, created by Cuicui Studios, and the collaboration of the University of Oviedo, the Boogies Academy has been validated as a digital tool that allows the evaluation of multiple intelligences.
This has allowed the conduction of several studies that have been very relevant in some of the most prestigious scientific publications and the attendance to scientific congresses in order to present the tool's potential.
With more than half a million items analyzed, in which more than a hundred schools and more than 5,000 students have participated; the sample collected has allowed a series of conclusive and valuable results to be achieved for the scientific community.